Human hair lace wigs have been a great way to update your style and appearance without making a long-term commitment, such as cutting or coloring your own hair. Lace wigs works for almost everyone. When you get a lace wig, you may want to know how to install it on your head and look natural. Here are 5 ways on how to wear lace wigs with glue or glueless. And these ways suit for full lace wigs, lace front wigs and 360 lace wigs.
Prepare Work For Your Hair
1. Flatten Your Hair--You can braid short hair into corn rows or mold it against your head using gel and bobby pins. For long hair, first tie your hair in a low ponytail. Next, wrap the ponytail into a flat bun and secure it with bobby pins.
2. Cut the extra lace along the edge of the hairline.
How To Wear Lace Wigs With Glue
1. Clean up your scalp with soap and water to ensure the application area is oil-free.
2. Spray scalp protector directly on your head to act as a barrier between your skin and the adhesive.
3. Apply Adhesive: apply your favorite edge control product or gel to lay down your edges to perfection with your fingers.
Note: If using adhesive glue, apply a thin layer to the entire hairline using a small makeup brush or cosmetic stick. If using a soft bond adhesive, don't apply the wig immediately. Wait until the glue has become tacky. If using a hard bond adhesive, the wig can be applied immediately, as this type of glue bonds immediately.
4. Attach Your Wig: attaching the wig at the hairline in the front middle of the forehead. Gently press the edge of the wig down against the glued skin, working around the hairline until it is attached around the entire hairline.
5. Style Your Wig: Pull the wig down and adjust as necessary. Part your hair wig according to your need. And you can also use some makeup like eye shadow or liquid foundation to make sure your hairline and laceine more nature.
How To Apply Lace Wigs With Guleless
Using a strong adhesive like wig glue may damage your skin. Wig glue will block the pores in your scalp which then leads to damaging your hair follicles. This damage then prevents your hair from growing along your hairline and even causes thinning, which ultimately leads to hair loss.
* Wear Lace Wigs With Tape
Wig tape is a bonding adhesive for securing wigs. However, wig tape isn't usually as strong or damaging as wig glue.
1. First, wipe along your hairline with a cotton ball soaked in alcohol.
2. Then smooth all the hair along your hairline back. This will prevent you from tugging at your edges will removing the wig and tape later on.
3. Put a thin layer of liquid band air or scalp protector on the skin right below your hairline.
4. Now, you can peel the protective paper off the wig tape and apply alone your hairline where you want the wig to go.
5. Next, you will put the wig in place and press down on each area where the tape is for a few seconds.
6. Before applying the tape, you will need to line the wig up on your head so that it fits properly and is in the spot you like. Once you are comfortable with the way the wig looks, you can start working on taping it down.
*Using The Wig Grip
Using the wig grip is a way to wear your wig without gule or tape. In this way, it is more safe to your skin and own hair.
1. Begin by braiding or tying your hair back. Place the wig grip directly behind your edges and secure the wig grip by connecting the Velcro ends. Simply secure the wig grip comfortably in place, no need to put it on tight.
2. Carefully place your unit on your head exactly where you want it because once it’s attached to the wig grip it “grips” on firmly and won’t move. Adjust your lace wig by gently pulling the hair into the position you desire. Finally, secure your lace wig at the back of your head.
Once you have secured your hair in place, rest assured that your hair will not budge.
3. Clip your hair back and focus on styling your edges to create a more natural look and feel.
4. Release your hair from the clips, fluff it out and style.
*Using An Elastic Band
For the elastic band method, you can purchase an elastic band from your local craft store. The band is then sewn horizontally across the back of the wig in the nape area.
This method helps your wig lay flat. If you purchase a wig that's a little too big, this is the method for you.
The elastic band will work like a drawstring on a pair of baggy sweatpants.
*Using Wig Clips
Needed Tolls: Wig clips,Weaving needle and thread,Hair clamps
1. Turn your full lace wig inside out. Pull the hair on the wig into a ponytail or place a clamp around it so that it does not get into the way when you start to sew the wig clips on to the unit.
2. Thread the weaving needle using a thread similar to the hair color on the wig to make the wig clips less noticeable.
Grab one of the wig clips and place the bottom of the clips at the bottom, middle portion of the wig. Make sure the teeth on the clips are facing you.
3. Insert your weaving needle underneath the lace wig and then through the hole on the clips. Move to the next hole and insert the clip through the hole and then back down through the wig. Repeat this procedure until you have sewn through every hole on each full lace wig clip.
4. Place another wig clip around 3 inches away from the clip that you have just sewn onto the full lace wig. Repeat the same procedure above to attach the clip to the lace cap of the full lace wig.
5. Turn the full lace wig to the right side about an inch above where your ear would be and attach another wig clip in this place. Repeat this same procedure for the left side of the wig. Do not attach any clips in the front of the wig, because it will show around your hairline and be noticeable.
6. Flip the wig back into the right position and place it on your head. Insert the wig clips into your hair to secure the wig in place. Remove the hair clamp from the wig and style your wig as you like.this procedure is similar as attaching a lace front wig.
Africanmall Hair Lace Wigs have clips on it, you can choose our lace hair wigs to reduce the damage to your own hair and skin.
AfricanMall Human Hair Promotion(Click Here)
1. $5 OFF with order $79+, Code: HAIR5
2. $10 OFF with order $129+, Code: HAIR10
3. $20 OFF with order $159+, Code: HAIR20
AfricanMall Women Clothing Promotion:
Any 3 Items only for $24.9.(Just for this link)
ALL of The Promotion is valid for a period of time, pls refer to the Afrianmall.com for details.